July, 20 2019 - His Excellency the Honourable Pail de Jersey, Governor of Queensland unveiled a plaque at the dedication ceremony of the Old Shire Chambers during Allora's 150 year celebrations
THE OLD ALLORA SHIRE HALL
53 Warwick St, Allora
Built in 1907 and officially opened in 1908. It replaced a single story building in Forde Street. In 1915 it became the Allora Shire Hall. In 1960 new offices were built in Herbert St and the old building was used for functions and a meeting place for different organisations.
In 1994 the building was shuttered when the district merged with the Shire if Warwick. Later the Allora Historical Society moved in and set up a museum
In 2019 the much-loved hall's restoration was complete in the form of a new roof, repaired gable, a new toilet block, an access ramp and full external repaint inside and out.
On Saturday, July 20 2019, His Excellency the Honourable Paul de Jersey, Governor of Queensland unveiled a plaque at the dedication ceremony of the Old Shire Chambers during Allora's 150 year celebrations (150 years of Local Government and the Southern Railway Line)
The building’s verandah is one of the few surviving Queensland cantilevered verandahs.
2018 - Before the renovations had begun